Email Marketing is one of the most important channels for brands and publishers to communicate with customers and prospects, because it allows them to talk to audiences on a 1-to-1, logged-in basis. But while email has been marketers’ “golden goose” for many years, there are a few fundamental constraints on the medium.
Simply put, sending more emails has diminishing returns for every sender, in the form of unsubscribes and a diminished customer experience. And a really good email will only have an open rate of around 20%, if that. The other 80% of your audience completely miss the message. Additionally, ensuring relevance for people who do open is another major challenge for marketers.
How Does LiveIntent Help?
LiveIntent can help marketers overcome the limitations of the email channel in two primary ways. The first is to increase the effective open rate of emails via a Coordinated Campaigns strategy.
To execute a coordinated campaign, a client will send LiveIntent a CRM list of people who are going to receive an upcoming email, as well as creatives that match the message of that email. The list is matched across the LiveIntent platform, and when the client sends their email, the campaign is activated, increasing awareness and the effective open rate of the email. This strategy is especially useful for clients who have an important sale, update, or other information that they need to convey to a large audience base.
Customer Use Case
A top rental car company was averaging a 15% open rate and was reaching about 25% of their email audience each month, but wanted to increase the reach of their email efforts. To do that, they worked with LiveIntent to coordinate campaigns across the LiveIntent platform with complementary messaging to their email sends. They A/B tested the strategy and found that it increased customer reach by 3x, more than doubled their open rates (from 15% to 35%), and doubled reservations when customers were reached with ads and emails vs. emails alone.
In addition to increasing the effective open rate of emails, LiveIntent can improve the customer experience for people who do open your emails, in the form of a Unified Auction. By implementing LiveTags (which have no impact on deliverability, bounces, or unsubscribes) in your emails and the LiveConnect tag on your website, you can tie site data to your email audiences. In practice, that means that you can serve offers to your customers in your own emails based on what they looked at on your website. You can also allow those offers to compete with 3rd-party demand to monetize your newsletters and ensure that you’re getting the most value from each impression.
Unified Auction Case Study
DailySale, a leading deals site, drives revenue through effective email marketing. Using Dynamic Product Marketing, a powerful part of LiveIntent’s people-based marketing suite, they were able to reach site visitors with product specific messaging based on products previously viewed on site. Trafficked within DailySale’s own newsletter, the dynamic creatives were served to openers with high levels of intent while competing alongside third-party ads, driving template yield.
The Dynamic Product Marketing offers served in DailySale’s own marketing messages drove a CTR of .745%, a conversion rate of 10.6%, and a return on spend of 140x .
To learn more about Coordinated Campaigns and Unified Auction, reach out to your account team or visit our Contact Us page.