Peter Seligman may consider himself a small guy, but everyone at LiveIntent knows him for his BIG personality. Before working at LiveIntent he was searching for a place to call “home”. After coming into our office for an interview, he immediately knew LiveIntent was the right place for him.
“The culture is what stood out from the second I walked into the office. It felt more like a community than a company, and that was something I was striving to find within an organization.”
In this edition of Meet a LiveIntenter, Peter explains what keeps him motivated, his multiple career paths and what “playing big” means to him.
1. If you didn’t have to sleep, what would you do with your extra time?
Work on music projects (I graduated with a BA in Music Industry), cooking classes, playing pool, photography, and exploring new restaurants with my amazing girlfriend!
2. You recently presented about “Playing Big” at LiveIntent’s Storyteller Series, can you explain what that means to people who were not in attendance?
When I was first beginning to play lacrosse (6th grade summer) in Bergen County, NJ, I was told that I was too little to play goalie, even though that was my #1 position of choice. An upperclassman took me under his wing and told me something that I would never forget, “It’s not how big you are, it’s about how big you play”. He then proceeded to train with me the entire summer, even though everyone said we were wasting our time. Long story short, I played goalie for the rest of my lacrosse career.
3. What do you wish you knew more about?
My father speaks 6 languages and my mother can speak French fluently. I definitely wish I knew how to speak more languages, especially Italian, French, Portuguese, Japanese, and Mandarin.
4. When you were a child, what did you want to be when you grew up?
Considering that I wanted to be Peter Pan or a Lost Boy since they never grow up is sort of ironic. But, I also really wanted to be a professional skateboarder.
5. How does your manager motivate you to help make you successful in your role?
The constant support and tutelage that my manager, Kamuti, has shown me over the past year, especially through my recent promotion, has most definitely been the most motivating thing that has made me successful. Coupled with the autonomy given to me to execute new project ideas and consistent feedback to help me grow and succeed.
6. Has your perception about email changed since working for LiveIntent?
Most definitely! I used to think email was solely about sending email, whether it be for work or personal use. Now, I’ve come to realize that it is essentially our digital passport to the world, as well as, one of the most powerful channels of communication, whether you’re a Fortune 500 company, or a single person start-up.
7. What is one of your proudest moments at LiveIntent?
One of my proudest moments at LiveIntent so far is actually a dead even tie between presenting my “Storyteller Series” at town hall (our weekly all-hands meeting), and my recent promotion to Account Executive – too close to call.
8. What are three facts that no one would ever know about you unless they asked?
– I used to work/live in San Diego every summer for 8 years as a surf instructor.
– I was a member of a professional dance company for 3 years.
– I have a sister that’s 12 years older than me who lives in London with her husband and my two awesome nephews, Rex and Jasper.
Want to join team LiveIntent? View our open positions here.